Friday, September 20, 2013

Birthday Photos and the Gray Mare.....

Friday, September 20, 2013:

Hi Everyone,

The month of September is Birthday month in our family.  All of the girls and my Mom have birthdays in September.
On the 14th we all went to Mom's and she made a ton of enchiladas.  They were delicious and we had a good time.  I took a few photos and will post them at the bottom of this update.

I am doing very well and will have my 'dry run' for radiation next Wednesday.  They will then schedule my 'real treatment' appointments so we can get on with the program.  As of yesterday, the 19th, it has been exactly 3 months since my last chemo treatment.  You will see from the photos how much (little) my hair has grown.  It is growing twice as fast on my face!  I saw my oncologist yesterday and she said it would all fall out soon.  Well, I am not giving it a chance to fall out.  I am shaving it as fast as it shows up.  Hahaha.  The strange thing is the hair on my legs are blonde?!  Mother Nature is having a little fun with me I do believe.  My hair is not long enough to determine if it will be straight or curly but based on what I do have, it looks like it will be straight.  I will just have to wait and see.  You can still see my scalp because there is so little hair and it is baby fine and soft....and gray, gray, gray.  I may go back to coloring it.  Plenty of time to decide on that.

I have a girlfriend who is backpacking in the mountains this weekend and all of next week and I sure wish I could be there with her.  The timing just didn't work out for me.

Please keep my sister, Wanda Adcock in your prayers.  She is not having much luck with the drugs the doctor has prescribed to bring up her white blood cell count.  She cannot go back to work until it does.  She has been dealing with this since March of this year.  The drugs she has been taking are worse than the problem she has and the doctor has been trying really hard to get a handle on her condition.  He is having to increase and decrease dosages and her insurance company has denied approval of the one drug he feels will be the most beneficial.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and I will update you with more info in the future.

Hugs,

Glenda



Me, Cindy, my twin Brenda and Wanda
 
 
 
Brenda, Cindy, Wanda and me
 
 

Front of my head
 
 

Top of my head
 
 

Back/Side
 
 

Top
 

Left side
 


Right side

No comments:

Post a Comment