Saturday, October 12, 2013

Latest news.....radiation treatments.....

Saturday, October 12, 2013:

Hello Family and friends,

I think I am long overdue in updating my blog.  Actually, I don't feel there is enough going on with my treatment to warrant a lot of updates at this time.  The only thing going on right now is that I am having my radiation treatments 5 days a week.  I have had 13 treatments.  They don't last very long at all.  I am in and out in about 10 minutes.  The technicians get me setup on the table using a form that has been fitted just for me.  They go in and out of the room so as not to be exposed to the radiation.  They will make dots on my chest using a magic marker 'sort of' pen for reference.  The machine will start buzzing while I am actually being 'radiated'.  I have not experienced any side effects at this time.  Yaaaay!  I will be posting a video of my treatment as soon as I can figure out how to reduce the file size.   I am posting a photo of me and my cousin Robert.  He and his wife, Betty, came and stayed a few days with us and we really enjoyed their visit.  We will be heading to the beach shortly for a few days with some more friends and try to catch some FISH!!  I hope all of you are doing well and thanks for all your prayers and support.  I still want you to keep my sister Wanda Adcock and sister-in-law Barbara Fincannon in your prayers.  They are still facing serious health challenges.  I honestly feel that all of your prayers got me through my cancer treatments and are why I am now cancer free.  Praise the Lord and may God Bless you all.

 Hugs,

Glenda 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Me and Cuz (Robert).  Sunset at Ft. Fisher.
Betty's camera sure makes all my wrinkles disappear.  Got to get me one like hers!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment