Tuesday, May 14, 2013

No energy......

Tuesday, May 14, 2013:

Just to give everyone an idea of how this chemo is 'working' on me, yesterday, Monday I had a few ball caps that needed washing.  I ran some water in the kitchen sink, dumped them in, put some soap on them and started brushing them clean with a fingernail brush.  It was easy work except for the fact that after about a minute of brushing the first one I had to get a chair to sit down in because I got so tired.  After resting for a couple of minutes I started again.  After brushing for another minute, my forearm muscles were so fatigued I had to rest again.  This cycle continued until I had completed all the washing then I rested again and I was done for the day.

Today I absolutely over did it.  I had an eye doctor's appointment for my annual check up.  I was there for about 2 hours.  I left there and went to Mom's, gave her a haircut and visited with her and Bill and my sister Brenda for about another 2 hours.  When I left there I had to go to Kmart.  I was there for about a half hour and did not think I would be have enough energy to get to the parking lot and then home.  I absolutely had 'run out of gas'!!  I did, of course, make it home o.k. and I was toast for the rest of the day.  So, this is a sample of a couple of days in the life of a chemo patient.  Yuck!  Tomorrow I have nothing planned so I can rest up for the sonogram I will have on Thursday.  I may not be able to update this until next week to let you know what the results are so don't worry.  I know it will be good news.  I am having trouble finding the lump which means it is shrinking.  I do hope that my friends that are going through this right now are having a better time of it than I am.  God bless you all!!

Glenda 

No comments:

Post a Comment