Sunday, May 12, 2013

Today is Sunday, Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all......

Sunday, 5-12-2013:

All was going pretty well, or at least as well as I expected, until about 2 a.m. Saturday morning.  I woke up and felt as bad as I ever had while going through this chemo.  I felt as though I had both the worse hangover plus a bad case of food poisoning you could imagine.  I haven't had the stomach distress that goes along with it, thank God.  I felt soooo bad I prayed for the Lord to help me get through it.  It was horrible.  I decided to get up about 3:30 a.m. and stayed up for a couple of hours then went back to bed at 5:30 a.m.  I finally got back up about 12:30 p.m.  I felt some better and tried to eat a little bit and went back to bed around 7 p.m.  All night long I tossed and turned, rolled and rolled, sweated and froze.  This morning (Sunday)  I felt a little better but my bone ache came back about noon.  My head is feeling like it is in a vice.  Hopefully the Tylenol will knock out some of the discomfort.  I really don't want to take the Allegra since the non drowsy kind made me so sleepy.  Wayne had cooked some bacon before I woke up this morning and when I started to smell it I had to get outside in a hurry.  I could not stand the smell of it.  After a while I went back inside and it was a little better.  I managed to eat half a piece of bacon and about half of a scrambled egg.  I have lost 22 lbs. since the beginning of this process.  My tongue feels swollen and blistered, my throat is sore, my lip is trying to blister and my tongue burns.  The Doctor said there is nothing that can be done about it.  My skin is beginning to feel and look like tree bark.  My fingertips are numb and the bottom of my feet feel like they are asleep.  My face and hands feel as if they are sunburned and will soon peel.  Hopefully things will settle down in my system and I will feel better soon.

Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment