Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day after my last chemo treatment.....

Thursday, June 20, 2013:

Yesterday I had my very last chemo treatment and slept through most of it which was a Godsend.  They gave me Benadryl in my IV just in case I had another reaction to the meds like I did last time.  I guess that is what made me so sleepy.  I remained sleepy the rest of the day but managed to stay awake until about 10 pm.  Of course when I went to bed I was wide awake.  Oh me, oh my, why oh why?!!!  They also gave me a liter of fluid to stave off dehydration and I was up and down all night visiting the bathroom.  All that fluid puffs me up all over.  I close my fists and they feel like they will burst they are so tight.  My rings won't fit either.  That should soon all go away.

All is going well today.  I had to get my Neulasta shot this morning at 10 a.m.  I got in and out of there pretty fast then I went off on some visiting.  Went to my Mom's and visited for a while, then went to my friend and hairdresser, Joy for a haircut!!!  Hahaha, just kidding.  She got a kick out of it too.  I got to visit with her for over an hour and catch up on things with her then I went to visit my friends Sammy and Jan.  We had ice cream and when I left they loaded me down with blueberries and canned tomatoes.  I need to go see them more often.  Hahahaha!

I hope all is well with all my friends at work and friends who are not at work!  Love and miss you all.

Later,

Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment