Monday, July 22, 2013

Counting down to surgery tomorrow.....

Monday, July 22, 2013:

I am in the countdown mode for my surgery tomorrow.  I have to be there at 9 a.m. and will be having some pre-surgery tests/procedures done before my surgery, which is scheduled for 11 a.m.  They will keep me overnight and if all is well I get to come home.

I had to run some errands this morning and whenever I go to a parking lot I always park way out away from other cars so I won't get door dings and to keep carts from crashing into my van.  So, today I parked way out and walked the distance into the store.  Once I got to the store I realized that I was walking at my 'normal' pace like I used to walk before starting all my chemo.  I was not out of breath, my legs were not burning, my core was not burning and I actually felt really, really good.  The last time I went to a store, Wayne was with me and I gave out!  I went in search of a place to sit down and there was only one bench and it was taken.  I ended up outside sitting on the curb, just to rest.  I am a lot more in tune with what folks with disabilities and the elderly must deal with on a daily basis. 

My appetite is back and almost all foods tastes good to me again.  Chocolate still tastes weird.  Kind of bitter.  So, all the times between my chemo treatments when I thought I was feeling good was not reality.  Now that I am feeling so good I realize I had been feeling pretty bad even though I thought I was o.k.  Hahahaha!

So, wish me well.  Say plenty of prayers for me and the doctors and nurses that will be taking care of me and pray for my family.  Hopefully they won't be stressing out. 

Hugs to all,

Glenda

2 comments:

  1. We wish you the best for a successful procedure and painless recovery. May the Lord direct the doctors and nurses and be with you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Adam. The Lord was certainly there with me and the Doctors.

    ReplyDelete