Tuesday, March 12, 2013

After my first chemo treatment.....

Today is Tuesday, March 12, 2013.  On Friday, March 8, the day after my first chemo treatment and the day I went in for my Lunesta (?) injection Wayne and I decided to get the heck out of Dodge and go to Cherry Grove, SC (North Myrtle Beach).  We have just bought a condo and wanted to prepare it for some 'lite' rentals.  In doing so, it kept the both of us occupied and busy and I was able to keep my mind off of things at least until I went to bed to TRY TO sleep.  The side effects of the chemo or the steroids I have been feeling are like I am 'wired' into a light socket.  My body is in go, go, go mode, I have headaches, lightheadedness when I stand up, very nervous, my tongue feels like I have been licking a rasp file, my sinus cavity gets a huge whiff of alcohol on occasion.  I will feel very tired all of a sudden. sit down for a short while then I am ready to go again.  I guess I am afraid to slow down for fear of the drugs creeping up on me!  Slowing down at night and preparing for sleep is the worst part of all this so far.  My heart is beating like all the bass drums of a marching band at a high school football game.  It is going 90 miles an hour and my biggest fear is I will have a heart attack.  Good thing they did a Muga Scan to see if my heart could take this.    My whole body is as sore as if I had been run over by a truck.  Every time I roll over in the bed I wake up.  In the morning my face is seriously flushed as if I have been wind burned.  It gradually goes away during the day.  I am extremely thirsty.  Water doesn't taste good any more.  Hopefully my taste buds will recover quickly.  I am encouraged to drink lots and lots and lots of liquids.  It doesn't matter what kind, just drink.  Keep alcohol to a minimum because it dehydrates.  Not a problem for me to do without.  It would probably taste nasty anyway.  I have to brush and rinse my mouth out with non-alcoholic rinse after eating or drinking anything other than water.  'They' say I will get mouth sores and this will keep them at bay.  I can tell I have lost weight....Yay.....  I will post in the morning when I weigh.  'They' don't want me to lose any weight?!  Go figure....  Smells have started to bother me.  Not so much today but the day after chemo.  Rotisserie Chicken set my tummy to lurching.  I did not throw up, though and have not as of today.  I have anti nausea meds which I take if I am afraid something will set me off.  I was afraid to eat so I just ended up with a slice of toast with grape jelly and a large glass of milk and ohhhhh was that milk ever so good.  I am a milk lover and was sooo happy it tasted like milk.  The toast didn't really have a taste.  My main meal for Friday was broccoli cheese soup and it was delicious.   Sat. was a Sonic Burger and it was horrible.  I though it was my taste buds but Wayne said his was bad, too.  My main meal for Sun. was K & W, roast beef and a salad and lots of veggies.  YUMMY!  Today we decided to come home and I will return to work Wednesday.  We stopped at Golden Corral on the way home and had AYCE for $6.99 for seniors.  That is the one perk I love about being a SENIOR....ahahahahaha.  Who would have ever thought their (my) life would become one of wishing my food had taste and hoping I could have a BM! 

Guess I had too many vegetables for the past 2 days.  Spending a lot of quality bathroom time with my laptop.  I know, I know....TMI.
 
I got a chance to talk to my sis Wanda today and my buddy Patti in Ohio.  They are both wonderful, wonderful people.  Full of goodness and happiness.  I am thankful they are in my life.  I remember when we were children. I am 1 of 6 and we used to get mad with Mom for having more babies and would ask her to stop.  Well, right now I am so glad she didn't because I wouldn't have all my sisters and brothers that I love so much.  I am glad she and Dad didn't listen to us.

Well, I will wrap up for now and get to bed.  5:30 will come early.  Hugs to all and I will be talking to you.

Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment