Monday, March 18, 2013

I will spare you the details........

March 15, Friday through March 18, 2013 Monday:

I will spare you the details and just say that I have been having gastric issues of a major sort.  I am now eating everything with caution.  By everything I mean oatmeal, canned peaches, eggs, whole grain toast (the white gives me major heartburn), mashed potatoes.  I really want some spaghetti and might try that tomorrow if I can keep my courage up.  Another thing I am experiencing is insomnia.  Friday night I slept like a baby all night long with no bathroom wake up call.  I used my over the counter Unisom and that did the trick.  Saturday night I tried the same and tossed and turned.  I planned to get back to work Monday so I went to bed Sunday at my usual 9pm and tossed and turned all night without a wink of sleep.  The Dr. has prescribed Ambien for me but she gave me such a cautionary speech I was afraid to try it.  Before the clock went off I knew I could not go to work feeling like I did.  I made the obligatory call to work and took 1/2 of an Ambien and went back to bed.  I slept until 10 am and got up.  I have been feeling really weak upon waking up due to the lack of nutrition so I generally take it pretty slow until I get something in my stomach and get to moving around.  About 2:30 I went into town for my pre hair loss hair cut, went to visit Mom and then came home.  It is now 8pm.  I have taken a whole Ambien and waiting for it to 'kick' in.  Hopefully it will work and I will have a good day tomorrow at work.  My taste is coming back a little.  I tried some Welches Grape Juice a few days ago and it was more sour than 100 lemons.  I tried a taste of it today and it was as sweet as I remembered.  I no longer have white tongue.  I am swishing around some bubble gum tasting rinse the Dr. prescribed.  My mouth is also less sore than it has been.  I'll be posting later.  Until then have a nice day tomorrow.

Hugs,

Glenda

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are feeling so bad. Praying for you. Hope things taste better soon. Your friend, Bill.

    ReplyDelete