Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I've had a bad day.......

This is me, today and yes, I am whining!


March 13, 2013, Wednesday:  Today I decided I was ready to go back to work.  I had a good day the day before and felt it was time.  From the moment I woke up I had, to put it delicately, an intestinal upset.  On the way to work I decided to find something with a lot of calories to eat.  I have not been able to eat very much and knew I needed something to give me some energy.  Food is tasting really strange lately so I decided to get a lemon filled Krispy Kreme Doughnut and two pints of milk.  After getting to work I ate the doughnut and a pint of milk.  After about 5 minutes I was running to the bathroom.  This went on all day.  For lunch I tried to eat some tomato soup with no luck.  I did drink the 2nd pint of milk and again, more running to the bathroom.  I really needed some calories so I tried a tiny bag of  Fritos.  It was very much like eating sandpaper covered with salt....  Nasty.  Again, more running to the bathroom.  During this time I began to notice my tongue was white and I was beginning to experience abdominal pain.  Nothing severe, just very uncomfortable.
After I left work I went over to see my Mom who has just had back surgery.  She does not handle pain very well and as a result, my wonderful sister Cindy is staying there to help out Mom and my Dad, Bill.  She was up and walking about with Cindy and Bill and doing a good job.  She is on pain medication and after she finished walking she was pretty sleepy and would nod off from time to time.  I stayed and visited with them and my sister Wanda for a while and it was time to go home.  I was beginning to feel pretty puny by this time.  For the 'white tongue' I started eating plain yogurt to put some of the good probiotics back into my stomach.  I have been experiencing bloating, gas and pressure in the bowels and hoped this would help.  The white tongue could be 'thrush'.  After getting home I began to feel as if I had the flu.  Achy all over, fever, chills, lethargy.  I sat on the sofa and covered up my whole head with a blanket and went to sleep.  I finally got up and went to bed at 7:30.  I set my electric blanket on 6, kept my sweatpants and t-shirt on and fell into a much needed deep sleep.  Around midnight I got up and I still felt hot.    Even my eyeballs are hot!  My temperature was 99+ degrees and my bowels were still in pain.  I ate more yogurt and knew then and there I would be contacting the Doctor in the morning and won't be going to work.  It is now 2:15 March 14 and I am going to try to eat some ice cream (maybe).  I am afraid to eat anything at all for fear of the abdominal pain coming back.  I am going to self diagnose and call this abdominal pain diverticulitis.  I won't go into what it is, you can look it up for more info if interested.  I will update you later as to what transpires as the day goes on.  Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Glenda


No comments:

Post a Comment