Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's standing room only in chemo today....

March 27, 2013, Wednesday:  I am having a chemo treatment this morning and arrived at 8:45.  They took a lot of my blood and then I spoke to the Doctor where Wayne and I could ask her questions.  The question we had today were:
1:  When would they be doing the surgery.  Answer: 6 weeks after we stop the chemo.  That way they can be sure my body will heal normally from a wound. 

2. When can I have a Shingles Vaccination?  Answer:  2 years after you finish chemo

I met 2 new friends today while getting my chemo.  They are the wife and sister of a friend at GE, Stan Harvell.  Here is a photo of his sister Jen and her nurse Pat.  Jen is receiving chemo for breast cancer also.

I am trying to write this after they gave me a shot of Ativan which is for nausea and I am drifting in and out of sleep.  My friends said I was snoring.  Me snoring??  Hahaha.



Jen and Pat
 
I finally got out of the treatment center around 3 pm and then went over to see Sheila at Sheila's Wigs.  My wig needed some work because it was too big.  She can do wonders making adjustments to wigs.  We were there for about an hour then went to visit Mom.  She is recovering well from her surgery well which is wonderful.  At her age having such major surgery is a risk.
 
 
Since getting home from the chemo I have been sooooooo sleepy.  I finally conked out on the couch watching tv around 10pm.  Wayne said something to me and I woke up and went to bed.  I slept pretty well until around 4 a.m. but managed to get back to sleep.  I had to get up for my 8:30 appointment to get my Superwoman shot.  All that shot has done is slow me down and make me sleepy.  Today my system has started back up again with the acid reflux, a little bit of nausea and I am feeling kind of crappy.  Since Tuesday night I have been waking up soaking wet with sweat.  Pillow and bedding is saturated.  Not sure what is going on with all that.  I will update later when hopefully I will be feeling better.
 
 
Glenda






No comments:

Post a Comment