Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just call me Spot!

April 9, 2013, Tuesday:

Hi all,

I just wanted you to know that if I don't post for a while, please don't be concerned.  I am usually somewhere that I do not have internet.  My portacath wound is healing up and the infection is gone so all is well again.  I feel like my old self now and have since last Thursday.  My next treatment is on the 17th and I will be 1/2 way through my treatments.  My skin is getting kind of weird.  I have a lot of spots on my face that were not there before.  It's kind of like the measles.  Makeup hides them somewhat.  My fingernails are looking strange, too.  The nail bed looks purple and I am starting to get a darker stripe on them.  I have been told that you will be able to see each chemo treatment in the nail by a ridge that forms after each treatment.  I'll let you know how that goes.

I went back to work today and was happy to see my co-workers.  It was a good day.  I stopped on the way home to visit my good friend Brenda.  It was a fun time visiting with her and she gave me some beautiful flowers.  Thank you, Brenda!

 
Pretty flowers from Brenda
 
After I got home I took time to visit a neighbor and friend that just found out about my breast cancer.  She was very concerned and very supportive.  She recently lost her husband and has been through a lot this past year yet she was encouraging me and lifting my spirits. Thank you, Yuki.
 
        Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
- Vivian Greene
 
Later,
Glenda





No comments:

Post a Comment