Thursday, April 25, 2013

TKO of little bird.......

This is my second post today, Thursday, April 25, 2013:

We have a large bay window in our living room.  I heard something hit the window and caught a glimpse of a bird that had crashed into it.  It is a regular occurrence and if anyone has any suggestions on how to prevent it, let me know.  Anyway, I looked out onto the porch and saw a bird thrashing about.  I went out onto the porch and the bird was obviously dazed.  I picked it up, brought it into the house and got my camera and began a video.......
See below for the rest of the story after the video,



 
 
 
I was calling this little bird 'she' but it turns out it is a he and it is a Common Yellowthroat Warbler.  The males have the black mask.  It took this little bird about 5 minutes to fully revive.  I checked it's wings and legs for breaks and they appeared to be o.k.  Shortly after I quit videoing I went to move him to a safer place than the brick ledge so he would not get eaten by predators.  I picked him up then sat him back down and off he went into the trees.  I think he will be alright.  Yaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment