Monday, April 1, 2013

I hope everyone had a nice Easter Holiday.

April 1, 2013:

First a shout-out to my friends Patti and Aseeyah who are hiking the Appalachian Trail this week!!  I hope the weather is wonderful and you are having the time of your life.  Wish I could be there with you.


Flowers from our friend Blue who came by for a visit Friday.
Thanks, Blue!
 


Hi Everyone.  I hope you all had a nice Easter Holiday.  Even though I was feeling pretty puny, Wayne and I spent some time with my Mom, Dad, sisters Wanda and Brenda, brother Randy and his girlfriend Gail.  We also got to see our niece Aubrey and her fiancé, Jorge'.  I have to admit I was very happy to get home.  I had my 2nd chemo treatment on Wednesday, March 27.  I did so-so Wednesday.  I found that I was very sleepy and it carried over into Thursday.  My energy levels have gotten less and less with each passing day with Saturday being the worse.  Wayne and I went up to see our son, Sandy in New Bern for the Holiday and I felt absolutely terrible.  I could find no joy in happy thoughts or anything.  The sun finally came out and my thoughts were 'so what?'!  I wasn't a grump but I just felt so bad and so weak I could not respond to much of anything.  Just getting in and out of the van was a struggle, energy wise.  Usually if music is playing on the radio I will be singing along.  Not this time.  Sunday I was somewhat better and found interest in things like I normally would but still no energy.  Today, I tried to do a few things around the house and it was if my ever-ready battery had run down.  Just walking from one end of the house to the other took all my strength.  I would get to where I was going and have to sit or lay down and rest.  Then I would continue on with what I was trying to get done.  I only accomplished half of what I wanted but half is better than nothing, right??  Haha. I had one bout with nausea that came about very quickly 'after' taking an anti nausea pill.  Go figure.  It only lasted a few seconds and did not return.  I have not had much of problem with my gastrointestinal tract this go round and for that I am soooo thankful!  No belching, bloating, a little acid reflux the first day or so, and no stomach pain.

Cleaning up my  bathroom was one of the tasks I was able to get done and I came up with some more positive things that are a result of having chemo (if there is anything positive about chemo other than it kills the cancer):  no hair in the sink, drains or on the floor to clean up, no need for shampoo, hair product or a hair dryer, I only need one towel to dry off with since I have no hair, I don't have to shave my legs (not sure about underarms yet)!  I still have hair on my arms (somewhat) and I still have stubble popping out on my head which is annoying when I move my head around on my pillow.  Last night was the first good night of sleep I have been able to get since my last treatment and I am grateful for that.  Smells have been less of a problem but still a little bothersome.  I have not had a constant headache but I am experiencing shooting pains on the right side of my head.  My heart rate has gradually increased and pounds harder than normal but nowhere near as bad as the first go round.  Food tastes so-so and I do get hungry.  I go for a fasting blood glucose test on Friday because my sugar was high when they checked my blood (non-fasting).  The Dr. thinks it is the steroids and they could cause me to become diabetic during this process.  I hope not. 

I want to thank my friends for their beautiful and thoughtful cards and for all the prayers.  I miss you all and yayyyyy, only 4 more treatments to go!

Sending you hugs,

Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment