Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Update on my current situation......

Tuesday, April 23, 2013:

I just wanted to give an update as to how I am doing.  The day of my treatment, Wednesday went well until about 5:30 pm or so.  I began to feel really, really tired and sleepy.  This time around I slept more than usual for the first few days.  I have experienced what I refer to as the staggers.  I will be standing up and will be still and all of a sudden I will just lose my balance and have to grab hold of something to keep from falling down.  I have also experienced several near blackout episodes.  One happened while I was brushing my teeth.  Everything started spinning and going black.  I managed to sit on the toilet seat and get my head between my knees and things settled down.  Another time I was standing at the sink in the kitchen.  I felt the dizziness begin and quickly sat down before I fell down.  I had this happen a lot of times this go 'round.  I had a bad experience with stomach cramps that were so bad I soaked my shirt with sweat from the pain.  It exhausted me.  I have had a backache (ribs) and I take Tylenol to get over that.  It is not intense just a soreness that is uncomfortable.  I haven't had the headaches, swollen and bleeding gums, bleeding nose, weepy eyes or mouth sores this time around.  It is like a totally new experience with each chemo treatment.  Overall I am very blessed that I haven't experienced anything worse and it can get worse.  I have friends going through this who are having a pretty bad time of it.  I am very, very tired and have no energy but I am able to get some things done around the house even though I have to stop and rest often to enable me to finish my little projects.

Thanks to all of my friends who have taken the time to call, text, send cards and gifts.  You lift me up and I love you for that!  I hope to be back to work as soon as I can be sure I won't crash and burn while there.  Hahahaha.

I managed to get outside and take some photos of the blooms on my Kwanzan Cherry Tree.  It was loaded with blooms!  What a beautiful tree it has become.









 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment