Thursday, April 25, 2013

My tongue has been slashed by razor blades........

Thursday, April 25, 2013:

I had planned to go back to work today because I thought I was ready.  Well, sleeplessness has overtaken me again for two nights in a row as well as intestinal distress.  I was not able to get to sleep until after 4 a.m. but I got up at 8:30 a.m. in hopes that I will be able to sleep tonight.  My tongue feels as if I have been licking razor blades!  My lips are on fire as though I have been sucking on a rag full of crushed habanero peppers.  Holy cow, what next?!  I tried to eat around 11 a.m. and could not find anything that had any taste.  I was able to drink a coke but it was still strange tasting.  It tasted better than the water I have been trying to drink large amounts of.  Around noon I decided to try some steamed cabbage.  Up to this point I have been less sensitive to salt.  On the foods I have been able to eat I have to put extra salt to make it eatable.  So, I salted the cabbage and took a bite.  It was super, super salty!!  Yech!!!  It was lukewarm because my mouth has become sensitive to heat.  I managed to get most of it down and then my normal thing to do after eating is to  floss and brush my teeth then use regular mouthwash and if I am having trouble with my mouth I use the special mouthwash that has been prescribed.  Before I started the flossing I stuck out my tongue and looked in the mirror.  My tongue was full of blisters and was all wrinkly looking.  Wow!  I had heard about the blisters but it was my first time to experience them.  I am posting a photo below but I am not sure if you will be able to see the tiny little blisters all over my tongue.

 
 
Well enough for now.  I am going to make another post now about a little bird I met today......
 
Hahahaha.
 
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment