Thursday, April 18, 2013

This post is about my wonderful friends at work......

Thursday, April 18, 2013:

This is my second post today.  See my previous one for an update on my chemo.  This is a happy post!!
Two weeks ago when I returned to work my wonderful friends at work surprised me with a whole bunch of wonderful gifts and a whole lot of love.  I am so thankful to have so many caring friends that I get to share so much time with at work.  Thank you all so very, very much.  I can't tell you how surprised I was and how moved I was by your generosity and caring.  Here are some photos I took of all the gifts.
                                                            
There is a story to this one.....Debbie Brinson's husband and I worked together at Daniels Construction at GE.
When she told him about my breast cancer he sent back word to me that he knew I was one tough ol' heifer and I would
pull through this.  Debbie found this little cow and had the sign made for me.  It gave me a really good laugh!
 
 
 
This is a small pillow to take to chemo to rest my head.
 
 
 
This is a very nice bag that they hid all my gifts in and I love this bag.  I was the envy at chemo, let me tell you!
 
 
 
 
 
This is the rest of the gifts which include a water bottle, a beautiful scarf with pink ribbons, two tubes of lip gloss,  a tough ol heifer cow, a Living With Cancer Cookbook,  a Chicken Soup for the Soul Word Find, gift cards to Walmart and ITunes and a save the ta tas sticker.
 
 
 
Another photo of my new bag, my cow and pink ribbon scarf.
 
 
 
 
When I got home Tuesday afternoon these were on my porch.  They were from my friend and neighbor, Yuki Scott.
Thank you so much, Yuki!  They are beautiful.  She said she wanted to send me her power and her strength (which I need very much).  Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment